The Looking Glass Warranty
The Looking Glass, Inc. Limited Warranty
TLG offers a limited warranty for two (2) years from the date of purchase. This warranty shall be void if the door has not been stored, installed, and maintained in a good and workmanlike manner.
The following shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship, and are not covered by this warranty:
- Warp for any 6’8” high door shall not exceed ¼” in any plane of the door. Warp for any 8’0” high door shall not exceed ½” in any plane of the door. Doors wider and or higher than 3’6" x 8’ are not warranted against warping. Warp is any distortion in the door itself, and does not refer to the frame or jamb in which it is hung.
- Bow or nonalignment of door due to improper installation of frame.
- Variations or unsatisfactory results in the finish, texture, or appearance resulting from the application of paint or other finishing materials.
- Natural variation in wood color texture, and the natural surface checking of the wood.
- Damage caused beyond the control of TLG including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, or mishandling or acts of nature.
- Damage caused by failure to comply with Finishing, Installation and Maintenance guidelines.
- Any and all damages resulting from exposure due to installation in an unprotected opening, such as an installation without sufficient roof overhang protection. Roof overhang must be ½ of the height from the bottom of the door to the top of the overhang.
- Surface checks in the door that are less than 1/32” in width or less than 2” in length
- Panel movement or shrinkage of 3/16” or less. Temperature, humidity and direct sunlight may cause the wood panels in your door to shrink slightly, leaving an unstained line along the edge of the panel. This movement is normal and the door construction is designed to allow this movement.
- Damage caused by installation of a storm door
TLG will not assume responsibility or cost for rehanging or refinishing. In the case a door is deemed defective it is the option of TLG to repair the door or replace the door.
TLG does not warrant any product against glass breakage or glass damage for any reason.
Color variations, bubbles and seeds are inherent in stained glass. These add to the beauty and originality of our work and are not considered defects.
IG – Insulated Glass Panels – your insulated glass panel, for a period of 5 years from the date of manufacture, is warranted against any material obstruction of vision through the unit due to the accumulation of dust, moisture.
Our wrought iron products are hand made and slight variations from the original sketch are inherent. It is the final decision of the artisan to place and size scroll work.
Finishing of TLG doors.
- Door must be fully sealed on all six sides with an oil base sealer or paint within 24 hours of installation.
- Stained doors must have at least 3 finish coats.
- In order not to induce warping and cracks, do not expose stained doors or dark color doors to direct sunlight or western exposure.
- Door will not be warranted if finished with water base sealers, lacquer, shellac or white wash.
- Additional guidelines are available upon request..